Creating a Proxy Server Address in ASocks
- Open the ASocks web page and enter your account using the sign-in form. If you do not have an account on ASocks, create one and use it to enter the service. Press the Get started button
HTTP and Socks5H protocols are supported.
- Once you have entered your account, check the balance. It should be positive to get a connection. However, for a stable and reliable connection please view your tariff plan, rates and conditions.
- If required, refill the balance by clicking the Balance and plan tab on the left-side menu, press the Top up button and follow the instructions.
- Go to the My proxies tab on the left-side menu and click it. The corresponding window should open. Choose the preferred country, and optionally you may select the state and city from the drop-down lists. ASN is an optional parameter as well, and is used by the advanced users for receiving a proxy from the preferred autonomous system.
- Scroll down the page and expand the Proxy settings tab by clicking the arrow sign. The two options should expand:
Keep proxy (default option): the option is used when the proxy server operates until the connection is lost due to the death of the proxy server and/or IP address. In case of disconnection, the system should automatically restore the connection, but it usually takes time.
Keep connection: the option provides immediate reconnection which is almost invisible for a user in case of connection loss and/or a proxy server death. The system automatically replaces the dead proxy server with an alive one by choosing it from the list of available proxies.
A user can choose any of the options. For advanced users having a high demand for a stable connection, the keep connection option is recommended.
- Choose the Authorization method by clicking the arrow sign and expanding all available options.
Password authorization (default option): this option allows a user’s authorization on any IP-address by using the generated password.
Whitelist with password: the option requires addition of a user’s IP-address into ASocks whitelist, and it allows connection to a proxy server by using the generated password.
Whitelist or password: the option requires addition of a user’s IP-address into ASocks whitelist, and it allows choosing the connection method: either by whitelist or by the generated password
Whitelist authorization: the option requires addition of a user’s IP-address into ASocks whitelist, and the authorization is performed by entering the generated password into the browser settings.
To get included into the ASocks whitelist, it is required to save a user’s actual IP-address on the ASocks service settings. Click the IP Whitelist icon located in the top right corner of the My proxy page, and the IP Whitelist window should appear.
- The current IP-address should be automatically displayed in a corresponding box. A user may give a name of the IP-address by completing the description box, but this feature is optional.
If an IP-address has not been automatically detected by the system, check your public IP via one of the web-services, such as https://www.whatismyip.com, and enter the data into the IP box.
Press the Add button, so the IP should be automatically included in the ASocks whitelist and displayed in the list.
Maximum five (5) IP-addresses can be registered in the ASocks user’s account.Once the user’s IP has appeared in the ASocks whitelist, authorization methods using the Whitelist option is available.
A user can choose the most suitable authorization option by clicking it.
Once all the required parameters have been set up, click the Create ip:port button, and the dialog window containing the IP-address and login should open. The proxy password is not available only for the Whitelist Authorization option.
Copy the generated data and enter it into the corresponding boxes (IP-address and IP-port) of the browser settings that you are currently using.
Connecting to a Proxy Server in Kameleo
- Open an existing profile (or create a new one) to set up your proxy. Copy the credentials from your ASocks account and paste them into Kameleo. You need to input IP/Hostname, Port, and authentication data.
- Test the Proxy to check out your Proxy and if everything is green, enjoy your new profile!